What is new in Writing With Ease, Level 1, Revised Edition?
WWE-1, Revised Edition contains both the Instructor Guide and the Student Pages, just like the Original Edition. We will continue to sell additional Student Pages. Both will be available in paperback and in PDF formats.
The biggest change is the addition of an optional fifth lesson in each week: a creative writing exercise. This gives students the opportunity to explore creative writing by responding to a fun writing prompt. Some prompts involve drawing or filling in a picture as an extension to the written response.
How does the content differ from that in the Original edition?
- The Beverly Cleary lesson has been replaced with a lesson from The Secret Garden.
- We have added the optional creative writing prompt to each week's content.
Why did you create this revision?
- To honor Beverly Cleary's wishes that children encounter her stories as stories rather than as a vehicle for instruction.
- To provide opportunity for blossoming creative writers. Some (but not all) grammar stage students want, or need, to write creatively. The Revised edition supports those students.
Can I still buy the Original edition?
Yes! When the Revised edition is available for sale, and while stock remains, the paperback Original Edition will be available as "Scratch and Dent" at a steep discount. When we run out, we will not be reprinting. We will no longer sell the PDF of the Original edition.
Will you be revising Levels 2, 3, and 4?
- We plan to do a similar revision for Level 2, but we do not yet have a publication date.
- Revisions for Levels 3 and 4 are under consideration.
To learn about further updates, watch this FAQ, or sign up to receive our newsletter, where we announce the release of new titles, product promotions, and our sales.