From the beginning, our flagship history curriculum, The Story of the World, has addressed world history--describing the history, culture, and beliefs of peoples all around the globe.
We take care across all our curricula to pull our copywork, narrative stories, sample sentences, and instructor material from a variety of sources, from multiple cultures, past and present.
On the covers of our products, as well as in their illustrations, we show a wide variety of families, so that all sorts of kids and parents see themselves in our books. Take a look at the covers of Math Facts that Stick, First Language Lessons Level 1, The Story of the World, and the interior illustrations.
We test our materials with families from a variety of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
To make our materials affordable to people from all socio-economic levels--
- We keep our prices low by leaving out fancy and costly bells and whistles that add no value to the instruction.
- We run deep-discount sales each summer, making our materials even more affordable.
- We have a generous copyright that allows families to copy materials for use with as many children as they have in their home.
- We sell slightly damaged materials at an even deeper discount from our Scratch and Dent list.
- We sell most of our materials in digital format at a lower cost, which also saves on shipping.
- We provide a lot of free information and training videos about how to use our materials on our Articles and Videos section of our website, in our Help Center FAQs, and on our YouTube channel.
- We provide free access to forums where members can ask questions of one another and receive advice specific to their situation.