Choose the format that suits your needs and convenience and preference.
Here are some thoughts that might help with your decision.
- When you buy a digital product from WTM Press, we keep your files in your account, so you can download them as needed. That comes in handy when a hard drive fails. Even so, we recommend that you download them and keep a copy on a local storage device.
- Digital formats are less expensive to purchase and incur no shipping costs. This is especially helpful for international customers.
- With digital formats, you get immediate delivery. Sometimes you just need the materials right now.
- When you download a PDF, you get the most recent edition. So, for example, if we have corrected typos or page-misdirects, you can download the file from your account and you will have the corrected version. We note these updates on our Corrections page.
- CD players are disappearing from cars and homes; most people use mobile devices to play MP3 audiobooks from an audiobook app.
- Parents who are comfortable with devices can teach from a tablet or laptop.
- Most student material needs to be paper-based, for the students to write in. Choose between paper or digital format based on the cost of printing at home vs purchasing printed plus shipping, and depending on the number of pages to be printed and how they will be delivered to the student (in person or online).
Students write in and use all the workbook pages in most of our curriculum. With a PDF, you can print as you go, for as many students as you have in your family.
Students using The Story of the World Student Pages will likely need only a portion of the pages (age and subject depending). These can be printed as needed.
- Some families prefer digital materials because it is easier to store them, especially for families who have limited storage space or who move frequently.
To compare the cost of buying printed books with printing the PDF files yourself, do the math and compare the results:
- Physical materials cost = price of the book + shipping.
- Printing of PDF cost = price of the PDF + (cost of printing per page x number of pages to be printed) + cost of binding (if any).
Copy centers charge different rates per page, so check with a couple of vendors to confirm their rates.
Except for the Math with Confidence and Math Facts that Stick series, all the pages are black-and-white. Math With Confidence Student Workbook PDFs ship with printing-optimized version, using less ink, and leaving the choice of color or black-and-white printing to your preference.