We offer the following products in Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind, with licenses available for the student workbooks. There are four cycles (colors) of Student Books: Purple, Red, and Blue are available now with Yellow to come in 2022.
All of the products are available through The Well-Trained Mind Store.
These 2 optional reference books can be purchased for the teacher or as a classroom set:
- The Grammar Guidebook can be used by teachers or students as a lifetime grammar guide.
- The Diagramming Dictionary gives teachers and/or students a power-assist for diagramming instruction.
Each teacher needs the Core Instructor Text, which is used to teach the content of all four colors/cycles of Student Workbooks.
- The teaching material is the same for each color/cycle.
- The student material differs in each book to provide variety over 4 cycles of practice.
Expect your students to take 1.5 to 2 years to cover all the material in a cycle/color.
Each teacher needs an Answer Key. This is available in paperback or (from our store) in PDF.
Each student needs a Student Workbook. This is available in paperback, or (from our store) in PDF format. You can purchase materials for the students or license the right to reproduce student materials. For general information regarding licenses, please go to this article, where you can learn the details and find the pricing document.
I would like to reproduce student materials for my school, co-op, microschool, pod. Do I need a license? How do you decide on the most cost-effective option?
- Take a look at the costs of printing, the flexibility you need for online or in-person instruction, the ease of administration, and the cost of purchase/shipping to determine what works best for you.
- In general, if you intend to use the whole book in one year, it is more cost-effective to purchase the paperback books from our store; if you will use only half the book, or if you need additional flexibility to deal with online instruction or assignment delivery, a license can make more sense.
- In some situations, each family purchases the student workbook for its student(s). They can purchase paperback or PDF (in which case, they can print the book again for other students in their household family - this does not infringe our generous copyright).