This article contains the same information as the pinned post on the Site News and Discussion Forum. We answer members' questions on the Site News and Discussion Forum.
After reading this article, if you need help, click on this link to submit a support request to the Customer Support Team.
UPDATE SUMMER 2022: Be sure to log in using your email address, not your User ID. So, for example, sign in as CupieDoll@small.com, not as Cutie Cupie.
On December 1, 2020, we separated the logins for The Well-Trained Mind Community Forums and the Well-Trained Mind website. This means your forum account is completely separate from your store account, which increased the security of private information on our website. This requires action on your part. When you log in for the first time on or after December 1, you need to reset your password to access your forum account.
How to reset your password: Log into the forums here: https://forums.welltrainedmind.com. Click "Sign in" and then "I forgot my password." You will be prompted to enter an email address. The instructions for resetting your password will be sent to that email address.
Some email providers prevent the receipt of automated emails such as the one you should receive once you click "I forgot my password." If you don't receive the return email, click this link to send a support request to the Customer Service team.
What to do if you have questions or run into problems
If you can post on the forums: Ask your question or describe the problem on the Site News Forum in the pinned post “Action Required on December 1: Reset Password to Log In to Forums”.
If you can view but not post on the forums: Read the thread on the Site News Forum’s pinned post; someone may already have answered your question.
If you still need help, click on this link to send a support request to the Customer Service team
You do not need to create a new (duplicate) account; we can help you get your established account set up properly.
- We made this change in accordance with best practices and to protect private information.
- You can use the same email on the Well-Trained Mind website and the Community Forums or different ones.
- We expected, and are finding, that all the posts you have made stay with the account.
- We expected that changing your password was all that would be required. This worked out in most cases, and we have found how to resolve the situations where something unexpected happened.
- If you submit a support request, the more information you can provide, the better. Tell us what device and browser you are using and the email address linked to your forum account.