This article contains the same information as the pinned post on the Site News and Discussion Forum. We answer members' questions on the Site News and Discussion Forum.
After reading this article, if you need help, click on this link to submit a support request to the Customer Support Team.
On December 1, 2020, we separated the logins for The Well-Trained Mind Community Forums and the Well-Trained Mind website. This means your forum account is completely separate from your store account, which increased the security of private information on our website. This requires action on your part. When you log in for the first time on or after December 1, you need to reset your password to access your forum account.
How to reset your password: When you log into the forums, copy/paste this string into your search bar: https://forums.welltrainedmind.com. Start the login process, and instead of attempting to enter a password, click "I forgot my password." You will be prompted to enter an email address. The instructions for resetting your password will be sent to that email address. Open the email and follow the instructions to reset your password.
UPDATE 12/2: Some email providers (mostly cable-based) prevent the receipt of automated emails such as the one you should receive once you click "I forgot my password." If you don't receive the return email, click this link to send a support request to the Well-Trained Mind Press' Customer Service team. We will manually change your password and send you an email to tell you what it is. Copy/paste the new password into the password field to get into your forum account. Then go to the dashboard and change the password to something private.
UPDATE 12/11: When you log in, be sure to use this link: https://forums.welltrainedmind.com/ . A few members have found that the login stored on their computer directed them to the main website. That website and the forums had a single login since 2018, but we separated the two logins on December 1, so to sign in to the forums, you have to go to the forums.
What to do if you have questions or run into problems
If you can post on the forums: Ask your question or describe the problem on the Site News Forum in the pinned post “Action Required on December 1: Reset Password to Log In to Forums”.
If you can view but not post on the forums: Read the thread on the Site News Forum’s pinned post; someone may already have answered your question.
If you still need help, click on this link to send a support request to the Well-Trained Mind Press' Customer Service team. A representative will respond as quickly as time and information are available. Please don’t set up a new (duplicate) account--let us help you get your established account set up properly.
- We made this change in accordance with best practices and to protect private information.
- This change went better than we had expected, but, as anticipated, there were some hiccups. If you experience a hiccup, let us know by clicking the link upthread. We are here to set things right.
- You may use the same email on the Well-Trained Mind website and the Community Forums. You don’t have to, but you may.
- We expected, and are finding, that all the posts you have made stay with the account.
- We expected that changing your password was all that would be required. This worked out in most cases, and we have found how to resolve the situations where something unexpected happened.
- If you submit a support request, the more information you can provide, the better. Tell us what device and browser you are using and the email address linked to your forum account; we can read the email service provider from the email address. We can't test all the member-experience permutations (device type x browser type x operating system x email provider is a pretty big equation) but we can notice patterns when problems occur.