From the beginning, our flagship history curriculum, The Story of the World, has addressed world history, describing the history, culture, and beliefs of people all around the globe.
We take care across all our curricula to pull our copy work, narrative stories, sample sentences, and instructor material from various sources, from multiple cultures, past and present.
On the covers of our products and their illustrations, we show various families so that all sorts of children and parents see themselves in our books. Look at the samples for the covers of Math Facts that Stick, First Language Lessons Level 1, The Story of the World, and the interior illustrations.
We test our materials with families from various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
To make our materials affordable to people from all socio-economic levels--
- We keep our prices low by leaving out fancy and costly bells and whistles that add no value to the instruction.
- We run deep-discount sales, making our materials even more affordable.
- We have a generous copyright that allows families to duplicate student materials for all the household children.
- We sell slightly damaged materials at an even deeper discount; choose Scratch & Dent when you make your order. (This is not always an option, but keep checking back.)
- We sell most of our materials in digital format at a lower cost, which also saves shipping costs.
- We provide a lot of free information and training videos about how to use our materials on our Articles and Videos section of our website, in our Help Center FAQs, and on our YouTube channel.
- We provide free access to forums where members can ask questions of one another and receive advice specific to their situation.