The best way to reach us is to email us using the Submit A Request link.
Schools and co-ops wishing to use Purchase Orders should email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
COVID-19 Update November 2020: In light of the required social distancing, we are primarily working from home. What does this mean for you, our customers?
- You can still order products from our webstore.
Downloadable products (PDF, MP3s) are added to your account as you order; the physical products will come from our fulfillment center, Ware-Pak, which will send you a confirmation email when your package ships. You can follow your package through the system using the tracking number stated in this confirmation email.
- The delivery systems (USPS, FedEx, UPS--all of them) are reporting longer-than-usual shipping times. In busy shipping seasons, the USPS de-prioritizes Media Mail which means it can take 4-6 weeks or more for your materials to arrive. Media Mail offers no insurance for damage or loss.
- You can still order from our Scratch-and-Dent list--just follow the instructions in the link at the top of the Scratch-and-Dent list.
- You can still call us. Please leave a message with a number where we can call you back, and if possible, an email address where we can reach you. The best way to reach us is through the link at the top of this article.
Stay safe, be careful, be kind. We'll come through this together.
To speak to a customer service representative:
Phone: 1-804-593-0306*, or Toll-free: 1-877-322-3445. *The local number is new effective June 1, 2020.
Our Customer Service Hours by phone are (Eastern Standard Time):
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 9AM - 5PM
Tuesday: Phones closed. Please Submit A Request for assistance by email.
Friday: 11AM - 5PM -- we've extended our hours to 5PM during COVID 2020.
Our mailing address for Purchase Orders and general correspondence:
The Well-Trained Mind Press
18021 The Glebe Lane
Charles City, VA 23030
If you need to return a product, please follow these instructions and use our fulfillment center's mailing address.
Our offices are closed on
- US national holidays except Columbus Day
- June 19th
- Election Day (the first Tuesday after November 1st)
- The week of Thanksgiving. (International Customers: The date of Thanksgiving is set for the third Thursday in November, so the specific date varies each year.)
- The week between Christmas Eve (December 24) and January 1, inclusive of these dates and adjacent Saturdays and Sundays.
For 2020, the specific closure dates are--
- Thanksgiving: November 21-29. This is one full week.
- Christmas: December 19-January 3. This is two full weeks.