General Licensing Principles and Terms
Schools, co-ops, and other group-instruction organizations can purchase a license to copy and distribute consumable student materials.
- Licensing begins at 5 students.
- We never license our content in part or in its entirety for inclusion in another vendor’s curriculum or product. If you see our materials used this way, it’s illegal: don’t purchase them, and please email email@example.com to let us know.
- Licenses are purchased per student, per title, and per year.
- If new student(s) enter the class/instructional offering, the additional license fees must be paid by the end of the quarter in which they enroll.
- You may read our books aloud to your class. If you wish to use our pre-recorded audiobook as the read-aloud for your students, you need a license.
- Showing the students the materials on a shared screen instead of purchasing a copy of the material or a license violates copyright law and is not allowed.
Acquiring Student Materials for Classroom Use
Instructors who teach children other than those in their own household family can acquire consumable student materials in a few ways:
- Require each family to purchase material in either physical or digital format.
- Purchase the material on behalf of each student in either physical or digital format.
- Purchase a license; licenses are purchased per student, per title, per year.
Purchasing a License
We license the right to reproduce consumable student materials. This option gives schools our deepest discount and gives instructional flexibility while respecting copyright laws. The license fee is per student, per title, per year.
If you do not already own the source material, you must purchase it in addition to the license.
Instructor Guides, texts, and source material for licensed products can be purchased along with the license.
To receive a quote or for more information, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- Contact name
- School/Co-Op name
- Billing address
- Phone number
- Email that you would like to be connected to your account
- Titles you would like to license
- Number of students that will be using each title
- Any additional products: Instructor Guides, texts, and source PDFs/MP3s
Please review the licensing policies so you will know your rights and responsibilities when using Well-Trained Mind Press titles in group instruction.
Distribution of Licensed Student Material
- Licensed student materials may only be distributed to the students covered under the license agreement.
- Licensed student material is consumable and should not be redistributed by any party for future use.
- If you are distributing student material digitally:
- You may not distribute the full content of a licensed publication in a single unit.
- You may send a file containing up to 10% of the complete PDF. For example, if the PDF contains 100 pages, you may send up to 10 pages at a time.
What if your scenario doesn’t fit our licensing structure?
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. We are happy to help.
Are you looking for permission to quote?
For information on acquiring permission to quote from Well-Trained Mind Press titles, the WTM website, or materials written by Susan Wise Bauer, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have further questions? Please email email@example.com, or look for more FAQs as we post them in the Schools, Group Instruction, Purchasing section.