Coloring The Story of the World is a coloring book containing 60 coloring pages--roughly 15 relating to each volume of The Story of the World. 30 of the pages are newly created for this coloring book. The other 30 are from the various Activity Books in this series--many of them improved or sharpened for better quality. Each coloring page has a description of the historical event on the back of the depicted event, as well as a volume/chapter reference so parents and children can find the relevant chapter of The Story of the World and read more about the person, place, or event.
Who should buy Coloring the Story of the World?
- Parents of elementary-age kids (ages 5-11), especially kids who like: history, coloring, learning more about the world, horses, war elephants, illuminated medieval manuscripts, or the Mitsubishi A6M Zero. (If your child is in this phase, then you know what this is, and we've priced our book low so you can save money for all the model-glue you're going to be buying.)
- Parents whose children are listening to The Story of the World audiobooks and would enjoy coloring as they listen
- Parents whose children are using another publisher's history curriculum and just want to supplement it
- Parents whose children might enjoy a light, easy summer activity so that Fortnite doesn't drive ALL of the history knowledge out of their brains
- Adults who enjoy coloring and learning a bit more about the world
Are the same pages in the Activity Book/Student Pages/Coloring Pages?
30 of the pages are newly created for Coloring the Story of the World. The other 30 are from The Story of the World, Volumes 1-4 Activity Books - many of them improved or sharpened for better quality.
I already own the Coloring Pages contained in The Story of the World Activity Books. Should I buy Coloring the Story of the World?
You should! Besides giving your children the 30 brand-new pages, you'll also be giving them a chance to color some of the best pages from the existing volumes - some of which they may have missed the first time around.
Tell me the nitty-gritty details about Coloring the Story of the World.
- Format: Paperback with perforated pages for easy detachment; PDF
- For ages 5 and up
- For sale on our website. Well-Trained Mind Press
- Author of inspiration text: Susan Wise Bauer, The Story of the World, Volumes 1-4
- Artist: Jeff West, an Emmy-nominated artist, has created illustrations, storyboards, and cover art for film, television, comics, and children's books for over 25 years. He lives in Arizona.
More Info from the back cover of Coloring The Story of the World
Coloring the Story of the World gives children a new way to experience the thrilling drama of human history.
Featuring historical figures from the Celtic warrior queen Boadicea to the brave firefighters of Chernobyl, and dramatic settings from the Roman Colosseum to the jungles of Haiti to the surface of the moon, this coloring book combines 30 brand-new coloring pages with 30 classic ones from the bestselling The Story of the World Activity Books. Engaging descriptions of each coloring page give the historical context for Jeff West’s beautiful artwork.
With the exciting moments and accurate detail that made The Story of the World so popular, Coloring the Story of the World is the perfect combination of fun and exploration for young readers and artists--and for anyone who wants to explore world history.
For more information about how The Story of the World family of products fit together, check out this FAQ: How do The Story of the World family of products relate to one another?