In addition to The Story of the World family of products, we offer supplemental materials to enrich your student's exploration of history.
Each Famous Figures title presents historical figures from a specific era – kings, soldiers, philosophers, religious leaders, and scholars – in both pre-colored and color-them-in versions, to cut out and assemble into moveable action figures. From ancient to early modern times, from Hannibal to Mary, Queen of Scots, explore the possibilities. A brief biographical note on each figure is included, along with a list of related books to read.
Enjoy the show as your children act out the history they’ve been reading, or even create new stories and scenarios. Reenact how Theodora went from a circus clown to Empress of the Byzantine Empire, or mix sets and introduce Alexander the Great to Catherine the Great. We provide the moveable paper figures, you provide the imagination. Available in paperback or PDF.
- Famous Figures of Ancient Times
- Famous Figures of the Middle Ages and Renaissance
- Famous Figures of the Early Modern Era
- Famous Figures of the American Revolution
- Famous Figures of the Civil War (American)
Who in the World Biographies
Take a look at our Who in the World? biographies to learn more about 4 fascinating people. Each biography is available in as a paperback, a PDF, or as an audiobook, narrated by Jim Weiss, in CD or MP3 format. These four biographies complement The Story of the World, Volume 2.
- Who in the World Was the Forgotten Explorer? The Story of Amerigo Vespucci.
- Who in the World Was the Unready King? The Story of Ethelred.
- Who in the World Was the Secretive Printer? The Story of Johannes Gutenberg.
- Who in the World Was the Acrobatic Empress? The Story of Theodora.
Audiobooks narrated by Jim Weiss
Jim Weiss narrates many audiobooks about events and people important in history, as well as the fictional stories that were important in different cultures and settings. Reading about Ancient History? Listen to the history and biography of Julius Caesar - and hear the myths that influenced the Greeks (and other ancient cultures in other audiobooks).
Use the filtering options on the left sidebar of the Jim Weiss Collection page to find the audiobooks that suit your interests and the students' ages.
The stories of people and events, and the myths and stories of their times make history come alive.