Sometimes, "auto-send" emails (no human involved) don't come through to the customer.
In almost every case, this problem can be solved by "whitelisting" our email addresses in your system. You can run a quick Google search for how to whitelist addresses for your specific email provider. Make sure to add the following addresses so that you get all expected emails from us.
- CustomerService@ware-pak.com (shipping confirmation)
- xrywlw.shared.klaviyomail.com (newsletter)
- email@example.com (newsletter, order confirmation)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (product and order questions)\
Apple email addresses (@iCloud.com, @me.com, @mac.com) frequently experience this problem. Here are the instructions for users of these email systems. (Instructions found by search engine; date of article August 10, 2022)
To white list all email from a specific domain in the Mail app in Mac OS X or macOS:
- Select Mail | Preferences from the menu bar in Mac OS X Mail.
- Click the Rules tab.
- Click Add Rule.
- Type a name in the Description field, such as "Whitelist: welltrainedmind.com," to identify the new rule.